How To Help Prevent More Hair Loss
Did you know that you lose an approximate of 100 strands of hair per day? Yes, a lot of people are experiencing hair loss and are tackling ways to prevent or even conceal it. While baldness or hair thinning is said to come as you add up in years, proper nutrition and some modifications in your lifestyle can actually help you minimize or prevent hair loss from happening and affecting your daily life.
A few follicles fall off daily and a lot of people say it is part of the growing pains of adulthood. This is said to mark the transition to the golden years. So, would you just go with the tide and accept this fate? That could be the easy route indeed. However, the shame, discomfort, and inconvenience that baldness can bring can deter you from success or from being productive. Many people would even go to greater lengths just to cloak or cover up the thinning hair as this deters one from being sociable and confident. As a matter of fact, the stigma it has can even put strain to current relationships.
The good news is that there are natural and health ways that you can try to help prevent more hair loss. While there is no one-size-fits-all regimen that can help you grow your hair back and prevent falling hair overnight, there are tried-and-tested ways that can help you regain you confidence as you prevent more hair loss:
- Stay hydrated. Water can help flush out toxins and also help in the regrowth of healthy hair. It is recommended to drink at least 4 to 8 glasses of water per day to achieve this. If you are drinking alcoholic beverages, then it’s time to switch to a healthy tonic to flush out toxins such as clean and pure water that can also keep your hair strong and healthy.
- De-stress. Recent studies have shown that stress can cause hair thinning or hair loss. You can help eliminate stress and recharge yourself by practicing yoga or meditation and also allowing yourself to travel and do the things you find enjoyable.
- Avoid complicated or harsh hairstyles. For women or men with long tresses, you must avoid wearing your hair in a bun or ponytail as the tugging and pulling up could cause hair strands to break and fall off. Wear loose and relaxed hairstyles that allow your scalp to breathe.
- Cut on smoking. Avoid smoking cigarettes if you want to grow back your hair. Smoking can constrict the blood vessels which also restrict blood flow to the scalp.
- Avoid exposure to extreme heat and cold. Extreme temperatures can affect hair growth and health. Constant exposure to heating and drying procedures can weaken your hair strands, make it fragile, and thus cause hair fall.
- Drink vitamins. Your hair needs nourishment which you can get from your daily dose of vitamins which can make your hair and body healthy. Vitamin E can help boost blood circulation for hair growth while vitamin B can help you maintain its shine and color.
- Massage scalp with sesame, lavender, and almond oil. Keep your scalp rejuvenated and active by massaging with special almond and sesame oil. This keeps your scalp and hair follicles healthy and revved up to maximize hair growth while also keeping you relaxed.
Hair loss can be minimized or prevented by doing a lifestyle check. Ensure that you are well-nourished from the food and drinks and that you exercise daily to keep your hair and body health optimized. Check with your physician before using any products for hair loss to help prevent complications and ensure that you are boosting hair growth and not putting your health in jeopardy. You can always go with a natural hair concealer like Andras Fiber, and avoid taking any consumables for hair loss treatment.